Pages

Translate

Thursday 3 January 2013

Back To Business?

The last few remnants of Christmas and New Years festivities are quickly fading. Nationwide, adults are facing the reality of returning to work. As for many students, January exams await. Abandoned textbooks are being dusted off while I write. 'Tis the season of mass-cramming, especially for university students living away from home.

The dreaded packing process. Many hours of life are wasted in a futile attempt to fit tons of clothes into a tiny case. For those lacking the skills the struggle is definitely real. However, a Tetris master like myself belongs to the packing elite. I'd advise you to stay ahead of the game and prepare in advance.

This time next week I'll already be back in Bournemouth. Saying I haven't missed B-town would be a lie. Don't get me wrong, it was nice to catch up with friends and family but this break has been dragging on.Will I get work done? Of course, I'm there to learn and tuition fees aren't cheap anymore (yes coalition government I am looking at you) but I'm sure as hell gonna have my fair share of fun.

As for my packing, it is done and dusted. There's something I love about the anticipation of where I'm going. Travelling is as much about the journey as the destination and I find that the suitcase becomes the physical manifestation of my inner excitement. In the future I plan to travel the world: business class or above. Not sure whether to take anybody with me though because people generally begin annoy me after approximately 3 weeks. Besides, I'm a solo guy. Anyway, the place I'd like to visit most is Japan. My case is likely to be empty when I head there so I can stock up on vintage tees (they can keep the sushi). It's all about the big J A P A N! The landscapes looks amazing. Manga is awesome. Samurai swords are fucking bad-ass. Oh and how can I forget the games?

Happy holidays everyone.

One last thing. If you could go anywhere in the world then where would you like to go?

Photograph by Martin Stavars ©2010-2013 *xMEGALOPOLISx



No comments:

Post a Comment